Saturday 11 February 2017

Buhari not returning to Nigeria until doctors okay it (evidence)

For all citizens expecting President Muhammadu Buhari back in the country soon, Nigeria’s number one citizen has said he would only come back to Nigeria when his doctors certify him well enough to return.
Buhari not returning to Nigeria until doctors okay it
President Buhari relaxing in UK where he says he would remain until his doctors say he can travel
According to Premium Times, the president revealed this much in the letter he sent to the National Assembly to extend his vacation.
The letter, which was addressed to president of the senate Bukola Saraki, read in part: “… I am extending my leave until the doctors are satisfied that certain factors are ruled out.”
A copy of the letter acquired by Premium Times and appearing in public glare for the first time revealed that the president put his return date in the hands of his doctors depending on his progress in the tests they are carrying out.
The letter read in full: “Further to my letter dated 18th January 2017 in which I notified the Distinguished Senate of taking part of my annual leave.
“During my leave, I took the opportunity to have routine check-ups and consult my long standing doctors in London.
Buhari not returning to Nigeria until doctors okay it
Snapshot of the full letter by President Buhari requesting extension of his vacation.
“In the course of the routine examinations, certain test result indicated the need for a course of medications and further appointments have been scheduled for next week.
“I am therefore notifying the Distinguished Senate that I am extending my leave until the doctors are satisfied that certain factors are ruled out. In the circumstances, the vice president will continue to act on my behalf.
“Please accept, Distinguished Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration.”
Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari proceeded on a 10-day leave on Thursday, January 19, 2017 after his letter was read on the floor of the Senate.
Although the leave was supposed to last 10 work days, between January 23 and February 6, according to the initial letter sent to the National Assembly, the president flew out on January 19.
Meanwhile, IBTimes has reported that it is unable to ascertain the presence of President Buhari in London after it turned up empty following a visit to the Abuja House at Holland Park in west London.

No comments:

Post a Comment